Horsey Thoughts

A journal of my training of my new almost two year old paint/percheron filly. Interspersed with time management issues, mommy stuff, and normal daily woes.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Rain Rot?

Went to the barn today after being away for almost a week because of the rain, no school, and flooding. Got all the mud scraped off my girl, hosed off her legs, and was letting her graze a bit when I realized her back was all broken out in big lumps. Yuck. At first I thought they were bug bites, but they are scabby. Sarah looked at her with me and told me it was rain rot. Poor thing!

I chased all over three towns this afternoon to get her some medicine, so I'm going back to treat her in the morning. The farrier is coming to trim her in the morning, it's a little early, but it will get her on the same schedule as Sarah's horses, so I have to go to the barn in the morning any way. Poor girl! I hope it clears up quickly. I'm sure it doesn't feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home