Horsey Thoughts

A journal of my training of my new almost two year old paint/percheron filly. Interspersed with time management issues, mommy stuff, and normal daily woes.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Happy B-day!

Lola officially turned 2 on Saturday. No big celebration, I actually didn’t even make it to the barn until Sunday. Sunday she and I had a very nice visit, lots of carrots, bread slices, scratches, hugs, and a bit of grazing. She was a happy girl.

Back to the barn tonight for a quick-ish visit. It was pouring rain again, so I did all the same games I did last time in the indoor arena, but more on line tonight. The rain on the roof of the indoor didn’t seem to bother her at all. I pulled the clippers out for a bit, she wasn’t thrilled, but she was tolerating them. She got pretty good about having them on and rubbed on her neck, and even by her ears, but she walked away when I approached her nose with them when they were on.

I threw the trash can cover around again like I did last time, and she didn’t care. I played Friendly game with the trash cover and rubbed it all over, then I left it on her rump. It was SO funny watching her turn to look at it, but not really wanting to move. She turned to check it out a few times, and then started sniffing the ground, so I took it off for her.

I brought her over by the mounting block and leaned over her and patted her opposite side. She just looked at me funny like she had no idea what I was up to. We did lots of Friendly game, a bit of porcupine, and some driving game tonight.

I’ve got to try and remember how I finally got my cue right to move Woody’s front end all those years ago. I remember struggling with porcupine and driving games on his front end and then finally one day I just figured it out. I’m struggling with Lola on that one now. She’s doing really well moving everything else though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home