Horsey Thoughts

A journal of my training of my new almost two year old paint/percheron filly. Interspersed with time management issues, mommy stuff, and normal daily woes.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A pleasant walk

Short night with Lola tonight because of Lukey’s Spring Fling. He was so cute singing songs with his friends!

Any way, still battling rain rot. Sarah was nice enough to loan me her muck boots tonight because I remembered everything but boots. I didn’t feel good about being around the horses in flip flops!

I took Lola for a short walk down the street and she did great! I made her walk along, and when I heard a car coming, I let her stop and graze. She didn’t spook once. I played lots of friendly game with her while she grazed.

I did a little bit of the games with her in the driveway when we got back. It was hard because she was pretty insistent on grazing, but eventually I got her attention enough to do a little bit of Porcupine and driving games. I also did a little bit of yo-yo game. She did well. I groomed her, did more rain rot spray, and let her graze for a bit.

It was a really nice surprise that she was so well behaved on the street tonight.

Sarah is letting me ride her horse on Thursday. She’s been offering all along, and I’ve been too stupid to accept, but this time I couldn’t turn her down. I’m looking forward to riding Holly and seeing what it is like. She’s a big belgian mare - VERY drafty. I think Holly is much bigger/broader than Lola will ever be, but who knows? It should be fun to take a little ride on her. I hope Lola isn’t jealous ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home