Horsey Thoughts

A journal of my training of my new almost two year old paint/percheron filly. Interspersed with time management issues, mommy stuff, and normal daily woes.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Quick Visit, Progress & Worries

Stopped by the barn for a quick visit on Friday afternoon before I headed out of town on Saturday. The kids were with me and not feeling like being at the barn, so I did a quick grooming, played friendly game with her a little bit, and played with her legs a bit. She was being really good about having me touch her legs, so I decided to try and give her feet a good cleaning.

The good news is she was great about it. The bad news is that the frog on her right hind foot doesn't look right. I'm not sure how to explain it, but her frog looks kind of side ways. It's a weird thing. I've been stressing about it all weekend. The farrier was supposed to trim her on Saturday, but of course he didn't have time. I talked to the vet tonight, and he thinks he should come out to take a look at it. Ugh. Here goes all kinds of money on vet bills already. I've got to call in the morning and make an appointment.

I'm really worried this frog this is going to end up being a MAJOR problem. I'm kind of keeping the thought in the back of my mind that I may have to sell her. I'm not going to keep a horse with a big potential problem if that is what this looks like it is going to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home